View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #37
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: The best player in 2009 Nba Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
He is as good of a shooter (long and midrange), just as good of a dribbler (uses both hands very well), and has little less to the rim ability (because of his strength), but his rebounding (big difference), passing, and overall leadership ability are all above Henderson.

I don't know if you've actually seen enough Gerald Henderson. Passer? Ball handler? Evan Turner is averaging 4 TOs a game. I'll give you that he's a better rebounder, but that alone does not make him "far superior".

I like Evan. I like him a lot, but I do not think he's better than Gerald at this point. He may be in the future, but as of today, he is not.

Quote:
If you are going to knock to Turner's consistency ask yourself this question...Where was Gerald Henderson the entire first half of the season?

Evan Turner is a sophomore on a team that has no senior leadership and the 2nd best player is a freshman coming off the bench. He doesn't have to deal with 7 over McDonald's All-Americans to compete for leadership. The situations are completely different. Once they told Henderson that he was to be the leader, he did not stop leading his team. Besides it wasn't even the first half of the season, it was just the non-conference schedule. Once conference play began he was a stud since.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote