View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #40
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: The best player in 2009 Nba Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Look im not hating on Duke for not having enough good players in the NBA. Im hating on Duke because the players drafted from that program cant really play outside its system. Duke creates overrated player that dont pan out in the NBA. Christian Laettner, Danny Ferry,Corey MAgette, Cherokee Parks, Trajan Langdon....need I go on?
You missed my point. The point isn't that Duke can produce NBA stars, the point is that the NBA is too hard to get into. You can't hold it against a college because the NBA is that hard to get into. Duke gets a bad rep from people cause people think it's magically easy to get into the NBA. What college guarantees stardom in the NBA?

You want to go on? You omit players like Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Chris Duhon, Shane Battier, Luol Deng, and Mike Dunleavy who are all doing pretty well for themselves.

Regardless you miss my point. Just cause Duke has had duds from their college doesn't mean that it'll reproduce them. If anything it only attests to how hard the NBA is.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote