View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Could Lawrence Franks Job be in jeopardy this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
It should be, but with his love affair with Rod Thorn, that is yet to be determined.

Nepotism can only go so far. IMO Frank's method's are either not working or not being listened to by the players.

I get the feeling it's both and if he's lost the players, any Front Office that is actually concerned with winning should know that that's the kiss of death for any coach.

The players look disinterested. Frank makes very questionable in-game decisions, from substitutions to late game fouling. I like the guy, and he probably works as hard as we're told, but at some point, you have to move on when you're not getting results and the players aren't responding. If Frank were to get fired, he'd become an Assistant Coach somewhere else; that should tell you everything you need to know. So why is he Head Coach here? Why are we settling for mediocrity?

If I'm the Nets, I part with him on good terms and then immediately put in a call to Avery Johnson. He's a buzzsaw, yes. But he's also a former player, a winner, and will light a fire under these players' asses, which is exactly what they need -- not to mention the fans will love his enthusiasm.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote