View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Could Lawrence Franks Job be in jeopardy this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
on the plus side, i think the rise of the internet has caused the quality of their work to go way up. SI and foxsports guys have never been better. they now have to keep in mind that anyone can comment on their stories and rip them to shreds if they submit lazy or poorly written work. they have to respond more and more directly to sports fans questions and that sets the accountability bar a big notch higher.

on these two sites here there is only one writer who is an obvious d0uchebag, name of randy hill. otherwise the quality of their work is very high IMO... check it out:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/
http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NBA

totally.

since carter is a natural SF it's a little disappointing that frank didn't try him in that role earlier in the season. then again, maybe the big progress that CDR has made this season allowed frank to shift dooling into the lineup.

if the nets can finish strong i am prepared to give frank the benefit of the doubt. i am still really disappointed by how little the defense has improved over the course of the season but to be honest, nobody in their right mind would have predicted that the nets would win close to 35 games this season.

i also like what thorn just said about nobody's job being secure when the season ends.
that's the right approach IMO.

Cool, thanks for the links.

I think part of the reason Carter didn't get moved earlier is that there's no PG depth behind Dooling. So Dooling had to available to spell Harris. Since the season is just about over, depth isn't really a concern anymore.

I agree that the emergence of CDR has helped this situation out a lot. Not that he'll even be a PG, but I wonder if making him practice at PG and play it live in garbage time has actually helped his progress, his overall understanding of the game. IMO, CDR should've been getting many more significant minutes earlier in the season.

Did anyone else catch Frank's interview today on WFAN? He praised CDR saying he's learned a lot from the neck up since the beginning of the season, and he's become more mentally tough and dedicated to the off-court duties.

He also praised VC and said that Sean Williams is a good person who's just made some poor decisions, but his value shouldn't be underestimated. Said that Williams' improvement has led to Boone's improvement because they motivate each other to compete for pt.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote