View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Scottie Reynolds enters NBA draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
No chance. Scottie hasn't been an NBA prospect since after his freshman season. I'm sure he's just entering the draft to get that "draft experience".

-He's a streak shooter, and not a good one
-His ballhandling is only average
-He's not a point guard, as playing without Nardi has shown (wang4three can back me up)
-He's a below average athlete
-He was 6'0" coming out of high school, then magically was listed at 6'2" at Nova. Seeing him in person, he wasn't much taller than me and I'm 5'9". He wasn't 6'2" anyway.

List of better pg prospects this draft:

Brandon Jennings
Ricky Rubio
Jonny Flynn
Ty Lawson
Eric Maynor
Nick Calathes
Curtis Jerrells
Jrue Holiday
Darren Collison
Patrick Mills
AJ Price

List of better pg/sg combo prospects:

Stephen Curry
Jeff Teague
Greivis Vasquez
Toney Douglas
Tyrese Rice

List of better undersized sg prospects:

Jerel McNeal
Marcus Thornton
Jermaine Taylor
Dar Tucker

List of better regular sized sg prospects:

James Harden
Tyreke Evans
Demar Derozan
Gerald Henderson
Dionte Christmas
Terrence Williams
Chase Buddinger
Wayne Ellington
Jodie Meeks
Wesley Mathews

This year's draft is stocked with guards. Scottie would be stupid to enter the draft. Go back to Nova, take your stacked team back to a final 4, and have a good tournament and you'll boost your stock. Reynolds is in the same boat as Eric Devendorf this year.

i agree with you Posterize that he's got a lot to work on to make the league and do something there, but he is working out 3 times a day now and he's taking this process very seriously. I definitely agree he should come back, but to say he has "no" chance at the league...cmon now. How many people have been told that. Did anyone ever think Earl Boykins would do anything in the league? how about Will Bynum? those are just 2 examples of undrafted scoring guards under 6 foot, anything is possible as KG would say. He has the ability to score, and he can improve with time. Just don't count him out before he even gets here.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote