View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Got a rough 1st round exit from the 6th seed team in the post season of my North Philly league. We were up by 5 with 5min to go and they ran a set play for their best shooter twice, who buried 2 3s in the corner. We fought neck and neck till the final minute, having to foul because it was running clock.

I only scored 6 pts but was really efficient (me and our other leading scorer only combined for 8pts, we both avg 9.5ppg) our guards had the hot hands for this one. But I did have many 'birdman' moments, I think i finished with 5-6 blocks and 9 boards. I was so hyped on defense and wasn't really calling for the ball on O because our guards caught fire. Pretty much means nothing though cuz we lost.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
The 7th seed played the 2nd seed before our match. With 54 seconds on the clock the 7th seed was surprisingly only down 1. One of their players was dribbling the ball at the top of the key literally for about 40 seconds.. like WTF ARE U DOING U NEED A BUCKET. Then he calls timeout and the refs stop the game, then check the tables and see that THEY HAVE NO MORE TIME OUTS. He gets a TECH F for it and the other team shoots a freethrows and gets the ball. GAME OVER.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote