View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #65
HiphopRelated
Local High School Star

HiphopRelated has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
OR...that he refused to be defensively accountable so Spolestra (sp) would nail him to the bench. And I completely agree that Haslem is glorified bench player...someone that a person of Beasely talent (and he is immensely talented) should easily have been able to supplant...but he was immature, lazy on defense, and played selfishly on offense.

Do you really think a Rookie coach, playing to keep his first NBA job, would let a inferior player start out of respect for him being a captain? Over his superhyped #2 pick? Or maybe that player was so immature and stubborn that nailing his ass to the bench was the only way the coach could see to try and teach him some respect for winning ball.

I don't think Beasley is bad...when he plays hard and is focused he is amazing. Fantastic hands and amazing touch on his jumper and around the rim. But it takes more than talent to succeed, especially when you measure success as something more than your individual statistics.
On a team loaded with rookies and young players and the mission of getting to the playoffs, the rookie coach went with his veteran/team captain to help provide leadership.

Beasley's a better player than Haslem, not as consistent, but he was a rookie.

I have a question for you. Who played better defense in the Hawks series?
HiphopRelated is offline   Reply With Quote