View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
what a lame recovery. why do people who argue online spew utter nonsense when they know they have been beaten in an argument? is it a defense mechanism? or the fact that they know they have nothing to lose so they will say it anyway? sounds like a liberal.

you say "dissent" is key to a democracy.

dissent is what is causing problems in Darfur right now, one of the main issues your precious liberals care so much about.

dissent is what caused the Rwanda massacre.

dissent is what caused the French Revolution.

dissent from spheres of influence is what gutted China from the inside out.

dissent ruins nations. the original ideal of democracy in Athens is that citizens meet and peacefully discuss what is wrong in their society and how to solve it in committee. not "dissent" and strangle each other.

next time you want to engage in a political debate, you may want to look up in a dictionary what certain words mean, much less actually learn about precedent.

You are not getting the point. I never said dissent is "key" to democracy. I said it is "important". There is a difference. You are turning this into a big argument while putting words in my mouth. look at my post,

Im not going to argue with you over each individual point right now because im busy, but since poly sci is one of my majors i wouldnt mind maybe doing it later. But the reason you are wrong is because you dont understand the difference between the 2 words used. You are putting words in my mouth.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote