View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Petrius Guarding Kobe = Not A Good Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Pietrus guarding anyone is a bad idea. For w/e reason this guy earned a rep as a solid defender while Lebron was dropping 40/8/8 on his head, many times in 1-on-1 situations at the top of the key. This guys has horrible footwork, poor positioning, bites on every pump fake, and just lacks any sort of intensity.
I found that fascinating, as well. Somehow, Pietrus was getting a rep as a semi-LeBron stopper when James was pretty much destroying him every time he was matched up one-one-one. The fourth quarter of Game 5 of the ECF was one of the most embarrassing ownages I have seen. LeBron was waving off screens, posting up Pietrus 25-feet from the basket, and killing him on every possession.

Pietrus did, however, have a huge impact on the other side of the floor. He has been virtually non-existent offensively in this series and the guy looks flatout scared to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote