View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
MFC
I airball my layups

Default Re: Lakers are 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!

Wow. While I expected this would happen ever since Game 6 of last year's Finals, I'm still pinching myself expecting to wake up. What a great day! I can't wait to get stuck into the Finals replays. There are so many great storylines - Kobe's first without Shaq, Jackson's 10th, maligned guys like Odom and Gasol getting a ring and redemption, and when you see your team win, you're just happy for everyone involved, from Kobe right through to the likes of Powell and Mbenga.

Thanks to the mods on the Lakers forum here in particular. I'v really enjoyed having a place to come and either post or usually read the thoughts of fellow Laker fans as the championship drew closer. To be honest, I could barely watch some of the Finals games for fear of heart attack, Games 2 and 4 in particular. I guess that's part of what makes days like today so special.

Anyway, I'd love to be in LA for the parade, but will have to settle for highlights on ESPN. Having holidayed on Figueroa to see the Lakers earlier this season I feel like I've been somewhat a part of it. Great stuff.

Go Lakers!!
MFC is offline   Reply With Quote