View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #194
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

It's a very interesting read so far. In fact, I find that what the most revealing part of the Bible is that personally, I agree with quite a lot of what Jesus says, in terms of what you should and shouldn't do, but disagree with whether I should worship a God or not. A lot of things he says makes sense, but I have trouble recognising the guy up there.

Plus, I find it very refreshing to finally see the stories which I've heard so much about (the flood, Joseph as ruler of Egypt, Abraham, Jesus's birth, parables, healings and death) written as they were, not embellished or filled out with length conversations. I've read Genesis, and on the advice of my friends skipped straight to the New Testament. I've finished Mathew, Mark and Luke, and am halfway through John.

how do you skip the old testament?

the old testament is most relevant part.. you gotta at least read Psalms, Proverbs, Solomon, & Job.... some deep messages in those books
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote