View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #91
Interminator
Banned

Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Sounds to me in this you're comparing him to Randy Foye. Westbrook is at least an average point guard. He'll get better in time he might even start at the 2 and play alongside a good point and be an undersized 2 like Wade, or as I mentioned earlier Randy Foye. Just admit you made a mistake we all do it.
Westbrook is nothing like Randy Foye, so Im not even going to follow along with that, the similarity only comes from both being molded into PG's.

The only chance for Westbrook in the NBA is to be moved to SG allowing him to play off the ball, where he was much more effective doing so last season when Watson came into the game.

Teams are still going to dare him to hit a 20 footer though, but if it werent for OKC's uptempo system he would have struggled mightily in a half court offense.

Im not admitting an entire mistake, he was more productive than I thought in his rookie year because his ballhandling ability and the lack of other scoring options for OKC put the ball in his hands a lot more and allowed him to take more shots along with the uptempo system established by Scott Brooks allowed Westbrook a better chance than the system PJ Carlesimo had in place but that still does not mean he is worth the #4 pick.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote