View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: LA Daily News Season Review

DJ Mbenga
By Elliott Teaford

Quote:
OVERVIEW: Backup center DJ Mbenga played only 23 games during the regular season and seven in the playoffs. He averaged 2.7 points and 1.3 rebounds during the regular season and 0.3 points and 0.4 rebounds in the playoffs. He was invaluable as a practice player, however, sharpening the skills of the Lakers' big men. He battled with Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm (before he was traded Feb. 18 to Memphis) and Pau Gasol in the paint all season during practices. They all were better for the competition.

QUOTEWORTHY: "They (the Lakers) are really happy the way I progressed. They believe and hope if I keep working, I can make more happen."

STRENGTH: Size and strength are formidable weapons.

WEAKNESS: Still lacks polish at both ends of the floor.

GRADE: A.

CONTRACT STATUS: Signed through 2009-10 (team option).

I'd like to point out how we take for granted the hidden heroes on a team, glad mr. teaford gives DJ credit for what he brings to the team when the TV cameras are turned off

also a long but solid article on Kupchak,
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_12657565
somebody can post the Kupchak article up in another thread if they care to
but It goes to grading the team somewhat

Last edited by gts : 06-29-2009 at 02:14 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote