View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #19
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Default Re: Coach Skilles Gives Jennings The Starting Nod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal0645
There were a few more things I wanted to add; the Spurs added McDryess and Jefferson to their already huge payroll so you know they are over the cap and don't care because they want to win a championship now and will pay what it takes to get there. I just think the Bucks are a poorly run organization from the top-down, and have been since Kohl took ownership. To me the poor drafting is the biggest issue and when you think about it in the past 20 years I can only name four players where we hit the jackpot; Big-Dog, Ray, Redd, and I'll add Bogut since he is decent, buy fragile. As you know Dog and Bogut were #1 overall picks, so it's Ray and Redd where we did really well. So there you go, really only two guys in the past 20 years discounting the overall #1 who should be a good player most would agree. How can you build a quality team with that kind of drafting record?
I agree with you 100% .
One fact tho that as you point stated , and the above post iritirated about , that Sessions and Charlie V. would put us over the cap I believe is wrong , because Jeffersons trade would of cleared the way for these two players to come on board.
What put us in the pickle from the get - was Gadz & Bell ... they are collecting VERY GOOD money for practice squad type players.

As you appear to be - I am sick and tired of the Bucks constantly retooling , when as a small market team needs to do as in the Nellie - era ...
retain players and establish a plan that makes a team competitive.
Right now all I see is short term deals , low paying , allowing a sale of the team.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote