View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Interminator
Banned

Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What the hell are you basing that on? Both of those guys are mid first rounders at best if they declare for the 2010 draft, and that's only if they have monsterous freshman seasons.
Talent, and if they declare they are at best Lottery Draft Picks.

Quote:
They both have reps as immature knuckleheads, Sidney is fat going on obese, Stephenson is known as a ball-hog and is still facing criminal charges.
Sidney has lost weight once again, and Lance Stephenson had his case settled about 2 months ago.

Quote:
Their stocks have fallen over the past couple years, and they will have to perform at the college level if they want to raise their stocks enough to be first round picks in the NBA draft, let alone lottery picks. This will probably take more than one college season for either of them.

Thats ridiculous, we're talking about game changing talents in both players. Their stocks dropped due to their status as recruits, there were questions about eligibility that affected their rankings. Stephenson is the #1 ranked SF in the country, and Sidney is the #2 ranked PF in the country. Both are at schools that will focus around their abilities, and both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly. Lance Stephenson is a "Playground" Paul Pierce type of player, and Renardo Sidney is the most skilled big man to come out of HS in years. I have enough reason to believe both will be Lottery Picks.

Quote:
If they prove me wrong, good for them. But for now, they are late first-round/early second round on any semi-credible 2010 mock draft.
For now?

Its August, the Draft is in June. These rankings are stupid currently if you're passing them off as fact now. Everything is speculation until June.

Tyreke Evans wasnt even considered a Top 20 pick at this point in 2008, I was one of the few who even argued with idiots that he could be a Lottery Pick with an impressive season. My opinion only changed when he was productive in the middle of the season but his stock never changed even with an impressive season, it wasnt until the workouts his stock rose.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote