View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Talent, and if they declare they are at best Lottery Draft Picks.

Sidney has lost weight once again, and Lance Stephenson had his case settled about 2 months ago.

Thats ridiculous, we're talking about game changing talents in both players. Their stocks dropped due to their status as recruits, there were questions about eligibility that affected their rankings. Stephenson is the #1 ranked SF in the country, and Sidney is the #2 ranked PF in the country. Both are at schools that will focus around their abilities, and both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly. Lance Stephenson is a "Playground" Paul Pierce type of player, and Renardo Sidney is the most skilled big man to come out of HS in years. I have enough reason to believe both will be Lottery Picks.

For now?

Its August, the Draft is in June. These rankings are stupid currently if you're passing them off as fact now. Everything is speculation until June.

Tyreke Evans wasnt even considered a Top 20 pick at this point in 2008, I was one of the few who even argued with idiots that he could be a Lottery Pick with an impressive season. My opinion only changed when he was productive in the middle of the season but his stock never changed even with an impressive season, it wasnt until the workouts his stock rose.
"Talent", oh yeah that explains everything. Being talented does not guarantee you are going to be a lottery pick. And these two are not talented enough to warrant spending lottery picks on them after one season, I'm telling you they will not be that good as freshmen.

"Game changing talents"? Would you like to explain that, how Lance and Sidney are these special can't miss basketball talents for the NBA? Any five star recruit is going to be a game changer, that doesn't mean he will be an NBA player, let alone a one-and-done lottery pick. As far as I can see Sidney is a fat Channing Frye, and Lance is... well certainly not even close to Paul Pierce, ever. The NBA is not holding its breath for his arrival, and he'd better realize that.

"Both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly" <<< this makes me think you might be delusional, because as far as I can tell, they are not currently projected as lottery picks. They have already dropped in the high school rankings for a reason, if anything they will not be Lottery Picks unless they rise unexpectedly. In other words, in REALITY they will have to have big-time seasons to even be first rounders, let alone lottery picks, as one-and-done NBA draft entrees.

Tyreke Evans has nothing to do with this, for every player whose NBA stock rose like Tyreke's did, there are dozens who realized they would be second rounders and stayed in school for a few more years.

Both of them will be NBA players, barring some catastrophe for one of them, but I would avatar bet you that neither Lance Stephenson or Renardo Sidney will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA draft.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote