View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #24
jyoung4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, actually I said that you were overrating Lance. Other people don't overrate him anymore. other people wouldn't be foolish enough to say that he is among the 5 most talented players who will be available in the 2010 Draft, because he isn't. And I never said he wouldn't be drafted, I've said he will be drafted much, much lower than he might want if he tries to be a one'n'done. And no, you're analysis on players is pretty ****ing far from 100% correct, you're delusional. Didn't you say that Keith Brumbaugh would be a lottery pick? And Romero Osby would be the next Michael Beasley? Awwww, fail.

Anyways, look, I'm not saying that Lance and Renardo aren't going to be in the NBA at some point. What I'm saying is they are not going to be Lottery Picks if they enter the NBA Draft next year. Not even close.

I am almost sure they will not have good enough seasons as freshmen to be considered lottery picks, and even if they do (they won't though) their reputations might hurt them in the eyes of NBA scouts and GMs. FOs won't want to risk spending a lottery pick on a player whose attitude/maturity/intelligence might be a serious problem (Sidney=Eddy Curry).

And seriously, in terms of talent, we aren't talking about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant being forced to go to college, we're talking about a fat stupid lard and a ball-hogging prima donna, who both think they're much better than they actually are. Neither player projects to be anything special on the NBA level, and yes I'm basing that one what I know from them and what I've sen on youtube. They are just not that good.

I've never done an avatar bet before, but I will do a long term one with you on this, if you're down - Neither Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.

I agree with A.M.G..Niether are going to be in the 2010 lottery. I'm higher on Lance then what the current majority thinks of him, but he isn't a top flight athlete, and other than his ability to put the ball in the hole I don't see a ton right now from him. Also, until one of these hyped NYC products with questionable attitudes pans out I am not going to be made a fool of by betting that they end up an All-Star.

Sidney is different for me because I see a drive in Lance, and I mean I don't have first hand knowledge, but Sidney seems to sneak by on talent, not hard work. The best I can see him ending up as is Zach Randolph, which is pretty good in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think a desirable player for teams.

If Lance shows improved ball handling, shot selection, and some defense I could see him going pretty high, but not in the lottery. Maybe 15-20. He just isn't the type of athlete that teams are going select in the lottery. Sidney needs more work. If he gets in shape he has the tools, but that has been the question with him for the past 4 years.
jyoung4 is offline   Reply With Quote