View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #26
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, actually I said that you were overrating Lance. Other people don't overrate him anymore. other people wouldn't be foolish enough to say that he is among the 5 most talented players who will be available in the 2010 Draft, because he isn't. And I never said he wouldn't be drafted, I've said he will be drafted much, much lower than he might want if he tries to be a one'n'done. And no, you're analysis on players is pretty ****ing far from 100% correct, you're delusional. Didn't you say that Keith Brumbaugh would be a lottery pick? And Romero Osby would be the next Michael Beasley? Awwww, fail.

Anyways, look, I'm not saying that Lance and Renardo aren't going to be in the NBA at some point. What I'm saying is they are not going to be Lottery Picks if they enter the NBA Draft next year. Not even close.

I am almost sure they will not have good enough seasons as freshmen to be considered lottery picks, and even if they do (they won't though) their reputations might hurt them in the eyes of NBA scouts and GMs. FOs won't want to risk spending a lottery pick on a player whose attitude/maturity/intelligence might be a serious problem (Sidney=Eddy Curry).

And seriously, in terms of talent, we aren't talking about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant being forced to go to college, we're talking about a fat stupid lard and a ball-hogging prima donna, who both think they're much better than they actually are. Neither player projects to be anything special on the NBA level, and yes I'm basing that one what I know from them and what I've sen on youtube. They are just not that good.

I've never done an avatar bet before, but I will do a long term one with you on this, if you're down - Neither Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.
I'll do the Avatar bet.

I will continue to rub this in your face the entire year when you're biting your words on Lance & Renardo. Secondly, I never claimed Brumbaugh was going to be a Lottery Pick. I claimed on skill set Keith Brumbaugh is a better player than Michael Beasley, and I will admit Romero Osby was a stretch to project but he also is very talented.

Why would Lance Stephenson not be a Lottery Pick?

A 6'5 220+ lb swingman capable of creating his own shot, getting into the paint at will with a streetball handle, and capable of going off for 30+ point games. His faults fall on his tendency to isolate, his tendency to get frustrated easily on the court and that he isnt a freak athlete although his strength makes up for it. If you claim you're basing your opinion off of Lance Stephenson off of Youtube, although never seeing him play, how can you tell he isnt talented enough to be a Lottery Pick?

I've had these discussions with kids for years now on this site, just like last year where people claimed Brandon Jennings wouldnt be a Lottery Pick. You cant sit around and disregard talent when its there, Lance clearly is among the 5 most talented players in the Class of 2009 and should be a Lottery Pick in 2010.

You're judging Lance from how his rankings fell late in the year, but you're forgetting that Rankings have a lot to do with school interest & recent play. Avery Bradley is not the #1 HS player in the country, although the Rankings claim he is. Players' stocks have dropped before at the end of their Senior Yr and their chance to regain it is during their Freshman year as did OJ Mayo 2 years ago.

You're thinking too much into the Rankings brah, Lance lost the hype due to his long drawn out recruiting process.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote