View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #17
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: FINISHING AT THE RIM using Athletic ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
nope I lift weights a lot but just not for mass especially when playing basketball. I just wanted strength, explosiveness and quickness. In the offseason Ill consider adding weight but tryouts are in 4 days so too late now. The pump fakes work well against almost all players my age because they just want to abuse the shot. When going for a layup like automajic said maybe if I jump into the defender and put the body on them I can get the leverage and finish.

Yea I'm not advising you to start lifting a bunch of weights in season that would be dumb and your gains would be a lot less with all the cardio you get form playing. You have to go heavy though and actually put some work into it if it's something you think you might want to do.

Definitely put your body into your defenders tho... it get's them off balance and they can't elevate as high to try and block your shot. I have a friend who is a great shot blocker and is 3 inches taller than me and I am able to get into his body to where he can't block my shot.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote