View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ray Rice - The Next Great One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

A 1500/500 yard back isn't the "elite big man" of the NBA and the 1000/1000 threats are the "elite guards."

I'd argue that building around a player like Faulk would be easier than someone like Tomlinson. Obviously both are great, but different.

Faulk presented problems for a defense that really no other running back did to the degree that he did. He ran wide reciever patterns, was elusive as hell in the open field, knew how to get in the endzone...and he could run the ball. There wasn't a thing he couldn't do out there at an elite level.

He could also block and read defenses picking up blitzes. He was similar to having a coach on the field. High football IQ. While some of these things dont show up on a stat sheet it also helped the team in positive ways. Things people take for granted because i've seen guys miss a block, dont pick up a blitz and the outcome isnt good.

Faulk in my book is a top 5 RB of all time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote