View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Anybody else need the ball to be effective?

I played 3 games today... The first one I was just a warm up 3 on 3 game. I had some old guy guarding me like 5'8... kinda hard to get up for that lol. Still tho... I just let the other guys do their thing and overall I was pretty ineffective... couldn't knock down my shots at all (though I wasn't warmed up much) and couldn't find a rhythm. I think I was like 2-8 or something.

Game 2 the old guy left and 2 other guys stepped in. This was decent competition so I wanted to play serious. I basically dominated the ball... but of course I still dished to my teammates playing a Lebron like role. I was on fire and everything felt right. My dude would set a screen for me and whenever the dude would go under it I would just pull up and shoot... and I missed only once the whole game. I think I was 7-8 with like 5 assists or so.

Game 3 was 5-5 cus some more dudes came. This one short guy wanted to run the point so I let him (I am one of those guys who will let someone else do what they want and I will adjust to them... if nobody steps up or if I feel like I am without question the best option then I will try and takeover.) Anyway, the place I feel most comfortable when I'm not running the offense is in the post... I got like 1 touch down there like most times. Other than that I was just spotting up since my dude was doing all the cutting and scored like 11 out of the games 15 points lol. Now, I can spot up just fine and can get in a rhythm out there... but i'm inconsistent. I didn't even score this game and 0-7 i think. The only good thing about my performance other than a couple decent dimes was that I got to try out the Eurostep/Stepthrough move while coming down the lane. It faked the dude out nicely and I would have scored but he fouled me. I felt like Tyreke Evans on that play tho haha... Guy wasn't exactly Dwight Howard tho lol.

Ok so the third game I was kind of tired because I have been resting with my ailments for like the last 6 weeks so my conditioning is terrible so I think that had a lot to do with it... but I just feel so much more comfortable running pick and roles and trying to penetrate and dish... so much more in tune when I am running the O.

Anybody else feel this way?

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 01-15-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote