View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Default Re: The Rockets are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i like the trade, dont get me wrong, but i have to agree with the original poster.

1. tmac couldnt play because he might ruin the chemistry? but you can trade landry mid-season and that is not gonna mess with the chemistry. I am beginning to think that Morey was scared that Tmac would not have a good showing in full minutes. I would have loved to give tmac a chance here and see where that would have taken the rockets before trading him.

2. yeah it is going to take some time for these guys to gel. i actually like the makeup of the team after the trade. the only piece that seems to not fit is brooks. I am starting to think if an upgrade needs to be made in this regard. A player mush like lowry might fit better alongside martin. It would work with brooks, if he really wanted to change his mindset a little bit and do more spot up shooting for martin when he drives, as well as look to kick it out to martin when brooks, himself, drives. now that i think about it.... maybe this is the type of guy needed here.

3. martin is at his best when he is taking it to the rack. I did not know this about him. i really thought he was more of a spot up shooter than he really is. I love when i see him go the the rim.

4. jeffries seems to be more useful for the rockets than he was for the knicks. I like what jeffries brings to the table. if he were not a string bean, he could man the middle easily. I liek what he brings to the table defensively. is it me or does he look really tall out there (maybe i am used to our midget center)

5. Hill seems to be a project, but i like his effort. I think he could develop into something nice.

6. Hilton is a usable 3rd stringer...... not a bad throw in for the trade.

4. Jeffries does seem to be very useful for houston. i thought he would be a bench warmer for us but he looks like he will be a solid role player out there. and yeah he is tall, he is 6'11 but he is a 3-4 type player. i did see him in some possessions guarding d.howard though.

5. hill is definitely a project. i dont know for some reason, i really think this guy can be good but who really knows.

6. i saw hilton get some burn last night againts orlando, he seems decent. at 6'11 and he looks like he has a crazy wingspan, i think he has the potential to be a solid player. saw some decent post moves, but those fundamentals need work. seems to be a decent man to man defender, with his lenght he might be a good shotblocker (not sure doesnt get enough PT).

yeah its a nice trade. just need time to gel.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote