View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Default OT: The 'N' Word

I'm watching an episode of the Real World (loving this season's cast by the way), and on this particular episode things get heated at a club behind a racial slur, and climax later at the house when a member of the house uses the same slur.

I feel like the word n*er is the most singularly disrespectful word in the english language. I've heard of arabs being called 'sand n*rs', and asians 'slant eyed n*rs'. In the South, lol, you'll hear it all. I made a reputation pretending to be a white guy posting and throwing the word around liberally. Quite frankly, n*a has become almost a cultural commodity. Hispanics, asians, caucasians, all use it it's not only exlusive to blacks anymore. I used to take offense to anybody outside of black saying it and got into countless confrontations behind it. Until a mentor told me trying to stop someone from saying it is a losing battle. Like trying to hold water with your hands. You might catch some of it but the majority of it will slip right through your fingers.

But as I'm watching this episode, this black guy and this white guy get into it, and the black guy calls him a fake nsync wannabe, might have threw a punk white boy into it and if he didn't he might as well have, but I figure that's just as equally racist. Which is why I don't even bother to get into the racial arguments on this board because the lines on this issue are too blurred.

Guess my point is, I don't take too much exception to the n*a expression. I've been around white chicks singin along to Lil Jon gettin crunk wit it and yellin it like it's nothing. White dude's calling each other n*a. And I shrug it off. Even kinda amuses me a lil bit. But then too there was a occassion when I got into a fight at this chick's house and she, who up until that time had been like a homegirl to me, even messed around with some of my aces, shouted "Get that n*r out of my house!" Which only made the situation worse. And I thought back to all the times she had used the other expression and I wondered if I had missed something.

Which brings me to I know a lot of the white and other ethnicities on this board listen to rap, so I know they're not rhyming to the songs pause at n*a then pick up where they left off. Jus expressin some thoughts.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote