View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
WTF? How could Curry and Evans NOT do what BJ did? Please explain.

This is a very stupid comment. Every game is like practice? You do realize that the kings and warriors actually tried to WIN some games, right? And that Evans was often the only legit scorer who could create on his own? And that teams would gameplan against him and put the team's best individual defender on him, right? He had to face guys like Kobe, Artest, Thabo, Battier, etc despite playing a lot of minutes at PG, because teams tried to stop him. And, he often guarded the best perimeter player on the other end.

You are crazy if you think that because they lost games that it was just chucking at practice.

And he lost almost every one of those games, despite his stats or highlight plays.

If you watched the Bucks, you'd know that Jennings doesn't have the ball in his hands as much as Tyreke. Tyreke's ball domination would be a huge minus when it comes to the Bucks. And they could either put him at PG and let him drive every time while spacing the floor with shooters (the best possible strategy, IMO) or run him at the SG like they do in Sac town. The problem then is that they lose a shooter and space for Bogut.

The Bucks' have a very fluid offense with a lot of movement, the only player that really stops the ball is Salmons. If Kmart couldn't be effective playing with Tyreke, it's hard to see how Salmons could. It's still up in the air whether or not Tyreke would defer in the way a point guard should... or if he would get the ball to Bogut.

Tyreke is a very talented player, but don't just assume because he's on a team that they would be better. I'd say Curry has more potential to fit into the Bucks' system, but I am not sure if I buy that, either.

Despite what people say by looking at stats... BJ is a pure PG who is really great at pushing the ball and making the right pass. And the shots he bricks are usually open. Not that it makes it any better, but he's just had a bad shooting year. He's not a bad shooter or a bad shot taker. He is the type of guy you'd want running your offense.

wait a few years, you'll see what I mean. I wish Bogut had stayed healthy so you could really see the Bucks. They probably would have been the (edit) three seed, too. Say what you want about Bogut being good and Salmons being good and everyone fitting into their role and playing good D, but Jennings came in and ran the PG like a pro. That, to me, is much greater than scoring 20 ppg on a 25 win team. TWENTY FIVE WINS...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote