View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Post your video's here

I think so. If you are used to shooting 3's in game, then 2's are going to feel somewhat awkward no matter what, but if you have a lot of arc, there is a whole lot less room for error. When I try to shoot with a lot of arc (Derek Fisher style), my percentage goes way down... the whole dynamics of it are so awkward and you really need to swish it right in otherwise it's going to rim out. The further you are from the basket, the less of a factor arc becomes though... a hot from half court is going to need a lot more arc than a shot from 12 feet out... so that's probably why you are fairly comfortable from 3 but not from the midrange.

If I were you, I would really practice that midrange. It's actually really fun too because you make a whole lot more shots once you get used to it 1 dribble and 2 dribble pullups, step backs, etc... man just dedicate sole practice sessions to those with only a few 3's thrown in to just maintain the stroke.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote