Thread: Pick up games
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Default Re: Pick up games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I can hang with some of them... but not all of them. There are a few guys who can score at will on anybody who comes in there so I don't really feel too bad I am pretty inconsistent with moving my feet... sometimes I can and sometimes I can't (or maybe I just guess right). Guys who are quick can get by me and guys who are taller are going to be able to shoot over me... so if they can play then they are probably going to shit on me pretty good

Can I hang with them in a 5 on 5 game though? Absolutely. I do a lot of good things for a team so if I can get some help on a guy who might be too quick for me... then everything will be fine. If people don't want to help, then we are probably going to have a problem. I love the challenge of going against someone who is really good tho. Even I keep getting beat, just the fact that I'm testing myself feels good and it's great experience.

I'm 6'3, 200 pounds with pretty long arms. That makes me able to back off on defense and still contest the shot and I am fortunately bigger and stronger than most of the guards. I am not quick though, need to work on my lateral speed.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote