View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what type of offense do you run in a pick up game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchguy
Where I'm from, setting a screen in a pick-up game is considered snobbish, nerdy and almost unsportsmanlike. You gotta win on skills, not on strategy. Especially players who've never been coached and are strictly street ballers are looking like "what?", sometimes even literally saying "what is that" or "that's illegal"

So you see players who are used to playing an offense passing the ball, moving to do a screen-away, but not actually setting the screen, just swapping position.

Lots of give n go, in-out, cutting, posting and generally lots of off the baal movement
That's strange to me. I have never heard someone consider a screen snobish and unsportsmanlike. I've always considered setting a screen as a skill in itself, which is why the 50 year old fellow that comes down to the courts every now again dominates a little when we begin working the pick-and-roll together.

I admit there are times when I just find things perplexing on-court. I'll take a look and see four teammates standing around and they do not seem to think twice about the idea of perhaps screening away, or even effectively using a screen if one is set.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote