View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #758
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
anyone know any actual books about someone young 13-15+ who is forced to learn how to fight, grows up, kills, etc... i dont think it exists.

Yes, there is. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, check it out. The main difference is that the guy is younger than 13 (I think 10 maybe?). He is supposedly one of the smartest guys on the planet, and they need to train him to fight a war against an alien species. While training, he learns how to fight and then kills somebody during the training in space. It is a great book, slightly depressing at times. I think you will enjoy it though and learn much about the inner-being. I suggest reading the entire series, series (or journey rather) later becomes very spiritual at times - and no, not religious - especially when you get into the 4th book in the series called Children of the Mind and 5th book Speaker of the Dead. I do not know if you will go that far, try Ender's Game first. All of them won multiple awards (Ender's game and Speaker of the Dead each won Hugo and Nebula awards the year they each came out).

Last edited by bladefd : 05-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote