View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big League
You know, I actually find it comical that some random guy on the internet would accuse Martin of using steroids. Martin was known to be one of the great guys in the league, a class act, and a man of integrity.

Look, that still doesn't mean he couldn't have dabbled with steroids, but it is unlikely. If the guy was such a turd to use steroids in 2004 to hang on for one more big year, then why did he retire in late October of 2006 keeping in mind he last played in 2005? Martin was injured midway through the 2005 season and was still trying to get healthy a year later. The Jets had him on the PUP list in 2006 and when he could not get healthy enough to play he opted to retire on 10/31/06 if memory serves.
all of us are "random guys"...if this was real life I would still be a "random guy" at a sports bar or something...

when players stop using roids they go into a huge decline...another reason that year looks suspect to me, because he primed out at 31 and then retired 2 years later...

and the "he was a good guy" thing can only go so far with me now, after seeing my Rangers own Rafael Palmeiro was juicing...and I was POSITIVE he was above doing smething like that...

after that I don't rule anyone out...

I also have a theory that Owens has been juicing...he recovers from sreious injuries in like 1/3rd the time it would normally take...and he also has been in ridiculous shape forever...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote