View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #35
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: John Wall is very overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11
I have always said the guy is "heavy legged" and you can clearly see it in that video. My grandfather could have easily gotten around old man Sam Cassell on that video.... and Sam wasn't even trying to defend him. Wall looked heavy legged and unexplosive.

Add in the fact that the guy has a 30 inch standing vertical leap and is a "brick layer" and this guy is clearly ripe to bust!

LMAO @ people judging a work out like this.

This isn't 5 on 5. Rajon Rondo looked pathetic in these work outs too, and just a few years into his career he's a top five PG. Not everything is in the measurements, and remedial work out sessions. Basketball is five on five.

Not to mention, why would this kid be going hard as hell in this work out session? He's pretty much the consensus number 1 pick ... in a weaker draft. Why would he be going balls to the wall for the team he KNOWS is going to pick him?

He's just going through the motions in this video, and that is very clear.

LMAO @ the guy above me who says he looks "heavy legged" ... He's not going full speed. Hell, he doesn't even look like he's going 3/4th of his potential speed. John Wall, athletically, is probably the most explosive player in the draft and most explosive athletically since Derrick Rose.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote