View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #4153
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I saw a documentary early this morning on the Sundance Channel called Prodigal Sons. It was good, but some really awkward scenes that forced me to change the channel for a few minutes at a time.

The star is the writer and director and she [Kim] is returning home to Montana after a very long hiatus. She is a transgender female with a less than understanding older brother Marc, whom she hasn't talked to in over a decade. He's adopted and apparently the bastard son of Orson Welles. That's no joke. And that whole part is a bit weird and confusing.

Anyways, the documentary was supposed to be mainly about her returning to her hometown for her high school reunion, but it ended up being primarily about her brother Marc and his head injury, which he sustained in a car accident when he was about 25. They removed part of his brain and because of that, he suffers from extreme mood swings which he cannot control.

I won't detail the whole film, but it was great. 74% It was a bit shorter than I would have liked.

Last edited by pete's montreux : 06-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote