Thread: I can't do it
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I can't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
I mean I didn't cut off everyone, it's not like I'm secluded and friendless, it's just that people know I'm usually busy and don't have alot of free time so we just don't hang out alot. I still do stuff like talk and yes I read magazines and stuff and some books but it's not like I go to the library and start working through every novel. I just meant that I have a focus on basketball and it has priorities over some of the other stuff I could be doing.

I still look forward to playing ball. I took 2 days off and just chilled and it was terrible. I couldn't stop thinking about when I could get back and work on my shot. It's like I'm always thinking something related to basketball, it was never my job and I never considered it work - I enjoy practicing even though it's really tough for me.

And yeah Swaggin you bet I'll keep working on my game. Rake2204 said I was putting all my eggs in one basket but to be honest I don't really have another basket to put them into. I love this game and yeah, I could just stop playing and start "preparing for a legit life" but I know if I stop then I'll regret it later. I'd rather fail trying to be good at something I really love than succeed with regrets. I mean, would I even be succeeding if I had those regrets?

I just needed some time to think about my situation, I guess.
With all due respect, you painted a pretty bleak picture in that original post. Everyone who has succeeded in basketball has had to make serious sacrifices so I'm with you there. It just seemed like you had stopped everything else in life for the sake of ball. It's okay to be crazy committed to basketball as long as everything else doesn't go completely down the toilet (school grades, college, for instance).

As long as everything's in check, find someone who can give you some critical feedback. Someone who can let you know how to do things on the court better. I'll reiterate that a lot of basketball is not just about doing something over and over and over, it's about doing the RIGHT thing over and over and over.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote