View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #44
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputationraiderfan19 has a terrific reputation

As a mavs fan I can tell you that the finley situation was a little different because the amnesty clause was different than a regular buyout. The amnesty players were still paid all of whatever the old contract was but 1/2 of whatever they got from the new team was sent to the old team. I know normally when you cut a player with a guaranteed contract you are forced to pay them all of what you owed them - whatever the new team pays them so the player ends up making the same whether they get a minimum contract or 1 dollar less than whatever they were making, its just a matter of who is paying it.

As to this particular one i believe that he will be the same in that anything he gets will end up going back to the sixers. Could be wrong though.
raiderfan19 is online now   Reply With Quote