View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL - Teach a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
alright put the hateraide down, turn on a tv and learn about the 2010 oakland raiders please. new qb, new oc, rebuilt defense, solid draft, no locker room bs, no holdouts, all rookies signed, things are turning around in oakland. guess people don't want to admit it i cant wait to see the raiders takin numbers again in the NFL shittin on all these weak ass teams. al davis is gettin another ring before he dies god damnit!
I don't hate the Raiders. Charles Woodson is one of my favorite players of all-time and when he had the Raiders' corner position on lock several years ago, I actually pulled for Oakland.

I'm just calling it like I see it. We'll see how this new regime pans out. I wouldn't pin my hopes on Jason Campbell, though. He certainly didn't light things up during his tenure in Washington. He is a serviceable NFL QB, but not the kind of guy that is going to turn things around, imo.

Tom Cable? Also don't have a ton of faith in him. I don't know a whole lot about Hue Jackson, so I'll reserve judgment on him.

The solid draft remains to be seen, as does the locker room stuff. It is a little too early to make any definitive statements about either of those things.

When it comes down to it, I just don't think Al Davis is capable of running a top tier NFL franchise any longer. He is way too involved in day-to-day activities and franchise altering moves.

I think Oakland needs an established, real-deal GM who controls player movement and keeps the organization in line. Right now, they just don't have that and it is because Al refuses to admit that the time has come to pass the reigns to someone else.

I mean... Taking Darrius Heyward-Bey No. 7 overall and then giving him $24 million in guaranteed money over five years... Ugh.

That was just flat-out incompetent. Their 2009 draft was one of the worst in recent memory.

Again, nothing against the Raiders, but they have made A LOT of bad moves recently that have put the franchise behind the 8-ball.

I speak as a Cleveland fan, brother, so don't take it the wrong way. I know a struggling franchise when I see one. Mike Holmgren, I feel, has put us on the right track. That is the kind of guy that Oakland could use to run things and steer the ship.

JMHO
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote