View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #53
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
So why didn't Kobe play as well with Rudy T? He was TERRIBLE with Rudy T. How do you explain that?

The reason Kobe was terrible with Rudy T is that Kobe was trying to do everything.. get triple doulbes all the time and be a scoring god.. even when he was just trying to score he couldn't do that either. So why is it so crazy to say Kobe's coring was created by Phil? He couldn't do it without Phil.. that's a fact.. then you claim I don't back up my comments with anyhting.. youa ren't bakcingyour comments wiht anyhting.. we ar ejust supposed to assume Kobe was MVP.. even though he couldn't do squat without Phil? I honestly believe Kobe would have hit rock bottom if Phil hadn't saved him.. that's the direction he was heading.

It's also a fact Phil was using screens to help Kobe create offense and using Odom to create offense for Kobe.. that's not speculation.. watch the games like I did. MVP's are supposed to make the players aorund them better.. not the other way around.. which is why if anyone was MVP of the Lakers it was Odom or Phil Jackson. Even this season Odom started the Lakers off on the right foot while Kobe was injured.

Lets get one thing str8, I dont think Kobe should have been MVP last yr, that was for Dirk but Kobe did play like an MVP candidate.

Kobe with Rudy T: 28 pts 6 rebs 6 assts, the team was 22-16...kobe got injured, rudy t retired, frank hamlin came in and wanted the team to learn the triangle MID SEASON (triangle usually needs 1-2 yrs to grasp), then odom gets injured...and hell is raised. But look at kobe's numbers...thats rock bottom???

Half the time last season, the team was lost in the offense. Just ask tex winter who criticized Odom for it. Half the time, they would give Kobe the ball and literally get out of the way..ask phil and the laker players themselves about it. Kobe was facing double/triple teams night in and night out and smoked them, including your homeboys the mavs. But yea, Phil made kobe fight the double/triple teams. the **** outta here you watch their games...

Wanna play that game, ok? Dirk did nothing w/o avery. He was never considered a top notch MVP candidate, never considered a premier player in the L. Avery came in and all that changed. Avery made Dirk...

Coaches dont make players, they help players. Phil cant play for Kobe, he can only tell Kobe how to play.

Its not a coincidence that Phil has 9 rings, hes a mastermind, he knows how to win and kobe/phil essentially need each other to succeed.

But one question? what MVP didnt have a good coach? to be an MVP, you dont need to have a trash coach and a trash cast...what championship team didnt have a good coach??? It all starts with the coach bro, but again, they dont make the players.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-12-2007 at 07:59 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote