Thread: T-Mac???
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: T-Mac???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Where do you see that? Detroit doesn't need cap relief and they don't need a trade exception. I think they will trade to trade Rip first. Tay is too valueable. I don't think they are ready to turn over the SF position to McGrady, Summers, Daye, or Jerebko. If Tay goes it won't be for nothing. They'll get a big man in return. I've talked about Biedrins before but I'm even a little uneasy about that. I'm not sure it would make us a better team right now that's for sure. Even if he was traded for a lottery pick I would be uneasy about that. Not all lottery picks are impact players. Tay is. Let's not sell ourselves short here.

I guess I just don't agree. This is kind of a rebuild season, though I hope to make the playoffs at the same time. If Prince or Rip can bring us a C, that's fine, I'll do it, but we don't need another 1-4 at all, we are almost too deep. I would rather save the money and simply shed Rip/Tay if possible, ideally getting a draft pick. I don't need the exception to use, I'd just let it expire. I mean, Daye needs minutes at the 3, Summers or Jerebko will get some minutes there, TMac will get minutes there and Rip will as well, as there aren't enough minutes for him and Gordon not to play together for 10-15 per game. Tay will leave after the season anyways.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote