View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Advice on my game?

It's hard to say because you have such a huge height advantage over everyone you play and you are only a decent athlete (At 6'9 you are going to be taller than most of your competition in High School, but being a great athlete will sort of ease doubts of how you will deal with length... if you were dunking underneath the basket it would be different.) I like how you keep the ball high (Pau Gasol style) on your put backs tho.

I like the spin move you have, and then the spin to the up and and under... but you keep the ball low. Against good competition, if you spin into the defense with the ball low, the chances of you getting stripped are very good. Work on keeping the ball high so the smaller guys can't strip you.

You look to be a pretty skilled player tho... I would have liked to see you shoot jumpers, but if your team doesn't need you to, then it is what is. I would definitely practice hitting jumpers from the 18-20 foot range or so tho... that's where the majority of your jumpers are going to come from when you go to college and past that (especially now that they are moving the 3 point line back in Europe).
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote