View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #21
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All-Defensiev teams 1955-1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Blocked shots are a much more important defensive stat than steals, IMO. You're right that you have to watch the game to decide how representative blocks are of a player's defense.

I'll use Shaq and Duncan as an example, Shaq's block numbers were more impressive, but Duncan was one of the best at blocking shots and not biting on fakes while Shaq did bite on a good amount of fakes.

When Hakeem was younger that was a real problem with him, though not as much later. Robinson was always a fantastic defensive player and still one of the best in the league through most of his years with Duncan.
I agree steals are much a more important defensive stat then steals. Steals really aren't representative of how good you are at all. Actually now that I think of it now, Robinson probably was at least equal to Duncan, because in 99 he was just a defensive best. Despite the fact he was way past his prime I'd say that was his best defensive year since he worked in tandem with his team, especially duncan, almost perfectly.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote