View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?

I'm with Toizumi that there is a big difference between believe and hope. I hope the Blazers win the championship this year and every year, but I don't believe it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.

I believe this has a good chance of happening and I certainly hope it happens.

Quote:
2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.

I would like this to happen, but I don't believe it will and I'm not overly hopeful about it. Instead, I believe that Batum could be a more athletic Shane Battier that could be better off the dribble.

Quote:
3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.

I don't believe this will happen. I hope Aldridge can get more aggressive down low on offense and defense, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Pau or play like him (he is just too perimeter oriented)

Quote:
4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.

I think it is more possible that it will be Miller and Przybilla, and it is more likely that only 1 gets traded.

Quote:
5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.

The first half of the statement already seems true, and the second part I think depends on the first point quoted.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote