View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Anyone care to make predictions on how this year's challenge will shake out? Here is how I see it going down:

Monday, November 29
Virginia at Minnesota - 6pm CT on ESPN2 - At Minny, they are playing very well right now and Virginia is nothing special. Gophers run away with it.

Tuesday, November 30
Iowa at Wake Forest 6 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Toss up. Both these teams are so bad, I'm honestly just picking Wake because they're at home.

Georgia Tech at Northwestern 6 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Neither team is anything special, but Northwestern is slightly better and they're playing at home.

Ohio State at Florida State - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - OSU playing very well, should be able to pull out this victory on the road.

Michigan at Clemson 8 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Michigan has pulled a few upsets, but I don't see them winning at Clemson.

North Carolina at Illinois - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - UNC has been struggling and the hall should be rocking.

Wednesday, December 1
Indiana at Boston College - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Indiana has steadily improved, and though they will probably finish in the bottom half of the big ten, they should have enough to beat a bad BC squad.

NC State at Wisconsin - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - They've been struggling, but they protect home court as well as any team in the country.

Purdue at Virginia Tech - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - Purdue isn't the same without Hummel. Will be close, but the Hokies will find a way late.

Maryland at Penn State - 8:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Decent Maryland team should find a way to win against bottom tier Big Ten team, though PSU always has a shot with Talor Battle.

Michigan State at Duke - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - I feel like MSU usually do better as underdogs, but I don't think they will be able to pull the upset in Cameron.

That makes it 6-5 for the Big Ten, winning for the second year in a row. Lots of tough ones to pick, this contest could go down a lot of different ways.

****ing Duke. I think Michigan State could beat them, but probably not @ Duke. We know all about that home cooking. But then again I dunno. I think MSU has the bodies to beat Duke it's just if they let them play D or not.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote