View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far
Default How Good Are Isiah's Draft Picks?

So, I was just thinking the other day. In the past two years, Isiah has drafted Trevor Ariza, Channing Frye, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, and Mardy Collins. (Note: We got Robinson in a trade). He picked Channing Frye (this season 10.3 ppg, 5.5 rebs) over PFs Sean May (11.5 ppg, 6.7 rebs), Danny Granger (12.9 ppg, 4.8 rebs), and Andrew Bynum (8.1 ppg, 6.3 rebs, 2 blks). Not to mention PG Jarret Jack (12.4 ppg, 5.4 apg). Last year, he picked Renaldo Balkman (3.6 ppg, 3.5 rebs) over Paul Millsap (6.0 ppg, 4.4 rebs, 54% shooting). Last night, Paul Millsap scored 15 points and grabbed 17 rebounds. He also turned down shot-blocking PF/C Josh Boone and PG Marcus Williams, who is now the primary backup behind Jason Kidd. We keep saying Isiah knows how to draft talent, but honestly, he hasn't drafted a player who can be the man for this team offensively or defensively, Lee, Balkman, Robinson and (sometimes) Frye stand out because of how bad the rest of the team is. However, they haven't stood out enough to make him any good of a GM in my opinion.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote