Thread: Da Bulls
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #5
Unregistered

A week ago, I would have said I wanted Aldridge with the #2 pick and Thabo Sefolosha with #16. Now, I'm not so sure...

2 - We should take a high-scoring, well-defending player. I'm thinking Rudy Gay or Randy Foye. With a backup for Gordon that can come in for him if he's having trouble defending and can also carry his weight on the offensive end, that would supremely bolster the backcourt. If we were to select Foye, we should consider moving down in the draft to do it. There are a few teams with picks high enough for us to consider trading down with that could give us a little something in return that would actually help us out too (Houston, Minnesota, Atlanta). You can say all you want that Gay doesn't have the heart, but Skiles could whip him into shape like nobody's business.

16 - Saer Sene. This guy is huge, and while he may not have the offensive game right now that most people, including myself, want out of the center spot, he and Chandler would be a nightmare in the lane for anyone that can get around our guards. He also is athletic, can run the floor, and gets physical with other players. If we are thinking of getting Tyrus Thomas, why not get someone with most of the same strengths (imagine if Sene had a 40-inch vertical), but who is also tall enough to play center. This would allow Chandler to get back to his 4 spot and become part of the player we invisioned him becoming when we traded for him.