View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: How Good Are Isiah's Draft Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanningShamgod
So, I was just thinking the other day. In the past two years, Isiah has drafted Trevor Ariza, Channing Frye, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, and Mardy Collins. (Note: We got Robinson in a trade). He picked Channing Frye (this season 10.3 ppg, 5.5 rebs) over PFs Sean May (11.5 ppg, 6.7 rebs), Danny Granger (12.9 ppg, 4.8 rebs), and Andrew Bynum (8.1 ppg, 6.3 rebs, 2 blks). Not to mention PG Jarret Jack (12.4 ppg, 5.4 apg). Last year, he picked Renaldo Balkman (3.6 ppg, 3.5 rebs) over Paul Millsap (6.0 ppg, 4.4 rebs, 54% shooting). Last night, Paul Millsap scored 15 points and grabbed 17 rebounds. He also turned down shot-blocking PF/C Josh Boone and PG Marcus Williams, who is now the primary backup behind Jason Kidd. We keep saying Isiah knows how to draft talent, but honestly, he hasn't drafted a player who can be the man for this team offensively or defensively, Lee, Balkman, Robinson and (sometimes) Frye stand out because of how bad the rest of the team is. However, they haven't stood out enough to make him any good of a GM in my opinion.

he is good at drafting. you might be able to find one or two guys behind him in the draft who got better players, but he wasnt the only one to pass on them. also if you go through the players that were drafted before the knicks picks, frye, lee, robinson, balkman etc are probably better than a good number of them. you cant even knock the frye pick either cuz half a year ago he was gonna be the savior and was the center of any trade talks with names like KG. ill still take him ahead of may any day. granger looks like he might be a good player, but 10 teams after isaiah passed on him also. of the guys named that he drafted, they are pretty good players and only one was a lottery pick. so yeah i think he is doing pretty good in the draft.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote