View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #25
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Default Re: OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Yeah, it's a joke that with how stacked the WW division is, we are getting shoddy matchups. The top 3 guys in that division are all fighting crap guy instead of fighting eachother.

With the way Diego laid out Diesel Riggs in quick fashion, you would think he'd get a title shot against GSP, but no, he's fighting Koscheck. And Matt Hughes VS Lyttle? COME ON.

Regardless, I think GSP is holding onto that belt for awhile. I think he'll beat Diego then Diego will work his way up and in the second match beat GSP like what GSP did with Hughes, lost, then worked his way back up and won.

I don't understand why they didn't put some of the top competitors against each other. I understand they had to honour their guarentee for Serra, but Hughes and Diego seemed like a clear cut #1 contender match, if Hughes wins, he steps back in for GSP/Hughes #3, if he doesn't then Hughes has to regroup and climb through the division, while Sanchez gets his shot. Instead, they put Sanchez against Koscheck, who could definately lay and pray his way to victory, just because of outstanding wrestling. Hughes will destroy Lyttle, I'd be shocked if he dropped that fight, that'd be a monster blow to his career.

Either way, I'm a huge Georges St. Pierre fan and I still don't see anyone taking the belt away from him. He won't fight injured, and when he is healthy, I honestly believe he's unbeatable. He has great standup, great takedown defense, and he's just a beast, I love watching his fights over and over.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote