View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pistons would like to trade Richard Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
The funny thing about the trade is it doesn't really help our cap room at all next year. After we extend Stuckey, we'll have close to what equates to a mid-level available, except we won't have the mid level due to being under the cap.

This is really the best thing for our future though. We weren't going to get a dominate player for Rip or young talent. Unfortunately, we'll soon learn that both Villanueva and Gordon are not going to be the impact players we wanted. I think Joe's plan was to have a lineup of Stuckey / Hamilton (Gordon) / Prince / Boozer / Wallace but it didn't work out when Boozer didn't want to be paid what we could afford. Now, Stuckey isn't quite the player we want, and we have a large number of support players. Hopefully we can get some talent through the draft the next few years, and have a lineup like so come 2012 or so (a man can dream):

Chris Paul
Rodney Stuckey / Ben Gordon
Daye
Perry Jones
Greg Monroe / Enes Kanter

2010 Trade Tayshuan Prince & Jason Maxiell for Caron Butler (expirer) & Deshawn Stevenson (expirer)
2011 Draft Perry Jones
2011 Trade Charlie Villanueva for Some Expirer Somehow
2012 Draft Enes Kanter
2012 Sign Chris Paul

But now you're guessing we'll end up with the #1 overall pick. I doubt that happens unless Detroit gets significantly worse. Right now it looks like we'll end up about where we were last year in the draft. Most are saying someone like Donatas Motiejunas. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get Perry Jones but it doesn't look likely right now. Kanter is entering the draft this year isn't he? Or has it not been decided yet? Either way he's a huge gamble. Even John Calipari said Kanter wasn't as ready as Cousins was.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote