View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #35
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where Should I Live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Thanks for all the great replies, I really appreciate it. I guess to make things more clear, I'm applying for Teach for America so all I'm able to do is rank how highly I want to be placed in each region. I ultimately do not have the final decision. It is a 2 year committment then I'm able to continue living/working there or do as I please.

What I make depends on the region. San Fran I'll make ~40k and in areas with lower cost I'll make less. They adjust it pretty well though. I figure I will probably be rooming with some other teachers if I do indeed get the job just to save cost. So while cost of living is somewhat important, I won't let it deter me from a great area.

even taking roommates into consideration, it is damn tough to live off of $40k in san fran. It sucks and good teachers deserve to be paid more.

i know that in just about any asian country they will pay you a decent salary plus living expenses to teach English (so everything you make can go into the bank). you don't even have to know the native language. I know some people who have done it when they just didn't know what to do with their lives and they had a great time and experience. Also, they pay caucasians more then they pay asians.

damn whitey is holding us down everywhere!

Last edited by rezznor : 02-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote