View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 AM   #14
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Aaron Brooks Suspended One game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I honestly feel they're fine at the point. I know Arroyo and Chalmbers aren't spectular or anything, but they've been very solid from outside teh arc this season.

I feel they should sure-up their center position. I don't see Dampier coming back next season. I'll be surprsied. The Heat didn't want to sign him in the first place thsi season then they were stuck with him. Then you have Big Z. He was ready to retire until LeBron reached out to him to try to snag a championship this season.

2012 Center Free Agents

Roy Hibbert (restricted)
Chris Kaman (unrestricted)
Andrew Bynum (team option)
Brook Lopez (restricted)
Robin Lopez (restricted)
Marcus Camby (unrestricted)
JaVale McGree (restricted)
Antonio McDyress (unrestricted)

...I think they should definitely try to get Camby if he's 100% healthy. Before he went down with injury he was over 11 rebounds per game with only 29 minutes per game. And was almost averaging 2 blocks. His salary should be taking a major dip too since he's 36 now and got over $11 this season.

I'm still convinced Orlando makes a mad dash for Camby. Possibly not even waiting for the off season and trying to arrange a trade prior to the deadline so as to not risk being shorthanded in the post-season. Not entirely sure how motivated Portland would be to let him go though. I wouldn't be shocked if they're so tired of injuries that they're willing to entertain offers on almost everybody.

Camby would flourish in a bench role backing up Howard, while shoring up the need for a backup big in the process. Not expected to put up spectacular numbers in limited minutes, which is a win/win for both Orlando and Camby since his age and propensity for injury is high. Truthfully, he'll likely play more than Gortat did. Still though: those would be productive minutes and he could be one of the biggest weapons off the Orlando bench on both ends of the court. I would actually start to worry about Orlando in the playoffs if Camby went there.

Though he would make an instant impact on the Heat as well. Either team would benefit right off the bat. I'm interested to see how Arroyo/Chalmers fair for this Heat squad in the playoffs. I think how they do will answer a lot of questions about whether the FO makes moves in the off season to find a PG who better complements the Big Three.

I can't imagine Big Z playing another season in a Heat uniform. To be honest I can't imagine Big Z playing another. Period.

Last edited by AMISTILLILL : 02-07-2011 at 01:05 AM.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote