View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Future of the Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Championship teams dont fall from the sky neither do superstars. I dont view Melo as a superstar in the same breath as Kobe, Wade, LBJ, etc... He is an ELITE scorer.

Having Gallo or Melo neither is going to get the Knicks to champioship right away.

Obviously you must have a magic wand where you can BUY all the players necessary to build a championship with no homegrown drafted talent.

By the way it was mentioned before how the Celtics acquired Ray and Garnett. But they also had Rondo, Perkins, Big Baby that they drafted.

I dont remember how many teams bought a whole roster and won a championship.

Does it matter if we buy or develop players ?
If we can buy better players than we can develop then why not.

Many teams tried to make something out of developing players and very big percentage of them failed.
I can tell Oklahoma and Spurs as the only 2 examples,Portland would be example if they weren't damaged with so many injuries.
Celtics bought KG and Allen,Lakers bought Gasol and Artest(who helped them a lot in winning championship last year) and I must remind you Bryant wasn't drafted by Lakers.

Most of successful teams bought players and they combined that players with players their drafter and developed just like we have Fields and Mozgov.

It's highly unrealistic to expect that you will make a championship team just by drafting and developing young players.
Spurs did it and they are the only one I can remember.
Thunder are on a good way to become a championship team soon.

If we have opportunity to bring superstars then we must take it.

And one more thing.
Chandler will leave this summer,Curry also.
It's practically Felton+Gallo for Billups+Melo.
I don't think Felton will improve and I don't think Gallo will ever be player like Melo.
With that being said I think it's a good deal for us.

I agree Melo isn't Kobe or LeBron but having Melo and Stoudemire on the same team is much better than having Stoudemire and bunch of role players who can develop,but it will probably take long time and they will probably never be superstars.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-19-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote