View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Keith Bogans has scored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
My question to you is who exactly do you consider as a "main guy"?
Do you consider a guy like Omar Asik as one? IMO, he is not esp with Kurt Thomas proving that he can still hang and provide very decent quality minutes, starting and battling against the best after Noah started to miss games.
Im not saying Omar has no future and is not a decent player with no potential but when Noah comes back, he is their 3rd center in line.
In the playoffs, Noah is projected to play about 34 -38 mins, with Kurt backing him up. If Noah gets in foul trouble Kurt can hold the fort for as long as 28-36 mins and if too gets in foul trouble, Boozer has the bulk while Taj has this long wingspan to match up for as long as 12 mins until Kurt and Noah gets back in the 2nd half.
Ideally for me, I would not give up Asik but if you are gaining a very good defensive minded SG who can hit the 3pt shots like Courtney Lee esp his experience with Orlando in the finals, then I would have to do it. I'll offer 2 draft picks first and JJ then....
Those college players you mentioned looks good, but who knows really if they can contribute right away. Boozer and Deng are not getting any younger and in 2 yrs their skills will erode and the window would soon close. This is a great opportunity to plug the hole and REALLY CONTEND this year.
But hey as long as they are consulting Thibs about this and if he truly believes they can win with the current lineup then so be it.

I consider Asik one of the borderline main guys in my opinion. This is because Kurt Thomas may more than likely retire at the end of this season or maybe have just one more year in him. Asik can be a long term backup for Noah and that's something that we need. If we can keep him then that's something we won't have to worry about for a long time. But like I said if we can move him for a player who is a clear cut upgrade then I strongly consider it.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote