View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Finally, Kuester Will Be Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This really couldn't make me happier. While we didn't get the trade we were looking for we will be getting a new head coach. That's definitely a step in the right direction. I had mentioned in other threads that no FA would sign with us if Kuester was the coach. All the guys in the NBA see how much all the players in Detroit don't like their coach. Nobody wants to play for someone like Kuester. Let him be an assistant somewhere. He's not a head coach, period.

The one thing that worries me is we haven't hired a good coach in a long time. When we had a chance last time for someone like Avery Johnson we passed them all up for Kuester which really left me like this I knew at that point Joe D wasn't planning on winning any time soon..... While Walker will be an interim coach for the rest of the season the next hiring will speak volumes to me. If they go out and get a guy who sucks again I'll know where Joe D thinks this team is headed. I wasn't even all that thrilled with Larry Brown. Honestly the last decent coach I think we had was Carlisle. I know not everybody liked him but the guy always has a way to win. We need to find someone like that again.

I generally disagree with the sentiments surrounding Kuester's ability, but there has been enough argument about that.

At this point, its time for a new coach. I kinda hope Joe D does it himself. Go down to the bench and maybe get a better grasp of what you have to work with. I think Joe commands respect from this group too. He has Brian Hill and generally solid, experienced assistants to help him with the day to day.

FTR, I don't think we passed on Avery as much as the owner didn't want to pay Flip,Curry and another expensive coach at the same time.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote